Laman

Selasa, 03 Mei 2016

Paris: Checked! #1

Truth to be told, I'm kinda feeling sad today because my harddisk is broken. I don't know what happened but I can't connect it to my computer. I'm super duper sad and furious, I have a lot of datas there. Now, I don't know what should I do. I will bring it to computer service or anything and fix it. I hope it's okay! /Adele's All I Ask as BG music

Okay, so after my München and Köln trips are out, my next destination is Paris!

Franzi is kind enough to help me and Vista buying the ticket from Köln to Paris. As always, we bought FlixBus tickets and they are a little bit expensive because we bought them 3 hours before the schedule. Soooooo yeah our schedule is: Tuesday, March 8th 2016 23:30 PM from Leverkusen Mitte (Köln) to Porte Maillot (Paris)!


It took 10 hours for us to get to Paris because it's quite far. We passed Belgium again if I'm not mistaken. The time we arrived there, it's raining and we stood near the locket while Vista contacting her friend because we will stay at her friend's apartment for two days.

I told you. It's so hard to find the apartment because we don't know where is the Metro station. I asked one of the passerbies and she said she doesn't know either because she is a tourist too. What. Okay, so we were trying to find the station by walking about 700 meters with our huge luggages and it was so difficult because it rained a lot. 

And then, finally we found the metro station undeground AND WE HAVE TO CARRY OUR LUGGAGES DOWNSTAIRS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ESCALATOR OR LIFTS. Sorry I was mad at that time because, man, why there's no lift in the metro station? I have two luggages and all of them are about 30 kgs. So I have to carry one luggage first, and then back uptairs to carry the other luggage. Vista was struggling too because her luggage is so heavy.

What's worst? There are stairs again in every corner. Slap me. This is new version of American Horror Story.

There are so many stairs in the metro station. So many. We were struggling. MUCH. But it's okay, people are so kind, they helped us to bring our luggages. Most of them are men. They just stopped, and they were like can I help you with these bricks or they just brought our luggages without saying anything. Thank you, people. God blesses you.

After we bought the tickets and all, we went to the apartment near Lamarck Caulaincourt metro station and arrived there at around 2 PM because we get lost in the way (with heavy rain), took a rest and took a bath, ah heaven. 

And after that, we decided to go out and spent our first day to visit some places in Paris and the first one was Sacré-Cœur.





Going to Sacré-Cœur is such a good idea because it's located in a hill or something, I don't know but when you get there, you can see Paris from above and that was amazing!

We walked for awhile, there are so many souvenir shops along the street. We decided to go to Arc de triomphe de l'Étoile. Paris is such a big and busy city. A lot of people walk by and I like the atmosphere a lot. Different with Germany and Czech Republic, cars and motorcycles are everywhere! It was the first time for me to see a motorcycle in Europe.








I sat in the bench near the park around this wall, and just staring at the birds. Again. It feels nice just sit there and doing nothing and scrutinize the cars. I really remember Vista said, "Is this Jakarta or Paris? Why is it so crowded," Well, yeah, public transportation everywhere and sometimes there's a traffic jam. Horns blaring.

Enough with this site, we went to Concorde metro station, transit in Franklin D. Roosevelt, and get off in Trocadero metro station. You have to read map carefully so you can get to your destination without getting lost. 

We walked for awhile and finally we arrived at Paris Tower!





The sky was so dark and it was so cloudy because like I've told you before, it rained heavily in Paris at that time. But it's okay as long as it's not as hot as frying pan.

After taking a lot of pictures from up here, me and Vista walked a little bit along the fountain. Paris Tower is located strategically, surrounded by streets and parks. We decided to get closer to the tower even though it's a little bit far by walking.  






Paris tower is soooo huge from up close! Vista said it looks like TV tower, bunch of metals. I didn't get to the peak of the tower because I have to pay 23 Euros for God's sake. I better buy banana milk again, I'm truly sorry...

The weather was cold as always, I'm freezing. 

We walked a little through the park near the tower. The name of the wide green park is Champ de Mars. It's nice, people walked by, they even bring their pets for a walk, so many snack shops, so many Indonesians. I repeat, so many Indonesians. 

Vista went to the building in the end of the the park, but because I was too tired and so hungry, I decided to buy snack by myself and sat in one of the benches available all over the park.

I bought chocolate banana crepe! It's such a huge portion for 9 Euros. I sat near the shop while staring at the crowd. After 5 minutes scrutinizing the situation (and the crowd), I just realized that they were filming something there. Such an interesting sight to see.









The weather was becoming so cold I always wanted to go back home everytime. Right after spending a lot of time staring at people, me and Vista decided to go home because we were tired, very. We just spent our night at our apartment, and Vista's friend's boyfriend cooked us a lot of foods and I was so thankful. There are so many kind people in the world.


See you in Paris part #2! (Because it's too long for two days in one post)

1 komentar:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...